Friday, August 6, 2010

A's Gym

From A:

The long-awaited gym my company built next to the office where I work opened back in May.  Although it was originally supposed to open in January, construction delays pushed the opening date until the end of May.  It was worth the wait.  Unlike existing exercise facilities where I work, this gym has three very important features: (1) parking, and (2) a locker room with showers and (3) additional hours beyond the M-F 6am to 8am pre-work times and the 4pm to 6pm post-work times.  All of these features make working out so much more convenient and enjoyable.

As an (unrelated to engineering) extra project at work, I've created the marketing flyers and posters used to promote the gym and increase membership.  I love working on creative side projects like this, especially when I'm getting paid to do it!  I'm including a photo of the gym in the latest promotional flyer I'm working on, so I can finally showcase it on the blog.  And here it is:


All of the cardio equipment has built-in screens to watch cable or you can connect your iPod/iPhone to the built-in dock.  For those of us who don't have an iPod/iPhone (am I the only person on the face of the earth without one?!) you can also connect other media devices via USB cable.  So it's some pretty slick equipment.

The strength equipment is less visible in the photo, but there is lower body equipment behind the cardio area and upper body equipment on the side wall.  The other side of the gym has some funky cable equipment that I haven't figured out how to use yet.  There's also a free weight area in the back of the gym which also houses some of the fun extra equipment like bosu balls, foam rollers, yoga mats, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh, very nice. I wonder how long the new smell will last before the feet smell sets in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been staying clean (and smelling good) this summer thanks to the free high school student help during the day paid for by the Florida Works program. We'll see whether that continues when the students finish their summer employment.

    ReplyDelete