Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Updates

From A:

I forgot to take a picture of it, but the tomato plant on our porch has nearly quadrupled the size it was when we planted it!  Apparently we're doing something right.  Let's just hope it ends up producing some mini tomatoes for us.  The other plants are also doing well, with the jade being the next-fastest grower.

A combination of weather (a high of 94 degrees) and the fact that our condo complex is nearly empty since it's the week between spring and summer semesters inspired us to do something we've never done before... swim in our complex's pool*!


*The pool looks nothing like this.

The water was warmish cool (cool enough to be refreshing) and one of the buildings blocked the setting sun to protect our pale skin from being burned, so it was perfect for us.  As an added bonus, there weren't any students with kegs playing beer pong or listening to Ke$ha.

We've also gotten some more sample photos from our photographer.  We should get the DVD with all the images by tomorrow, and then I'll have my work cut out for me to sort through 700 pictures to find our favorites.  I don't mind it, though, because I love working with pictures.

Here are a few of the latest sample images we've gotten (I'm soooo ready to see them all!):




The last picture was taken in J's lab where he does research.  I'm so excited that we were able to get some pictures of him in the lab, since we didn't have any before.  As you can see, I even put some gloves on at the end of the photo shoot and joined the action!

1 comment:

  1. Knowing what the apartment pool does look like... that picture made me laugh. I don't think I ever got in there. You'll have to bring up a CD with the pictures if you get it before(if) you guys come to visit.

    ReplyDelete