Saturday, May 15, 2010

GIMP

From J:

In my triumphant return to blogging, I will happily announce that we're getting a new camera.  This one.  No longer will our photos be limited by my crappy iPhone camera!  Though that one is still excellent for candid shots, like this one:


I think they missed the point of "vegetarian."  And especially "vegan."  As seen at a local Asian grocery.  In a related question, what is fish ham?

Pictured: the elusive tropical hamfish.

Back to the topic at hand!  Now that A and I will have some quality photos coming our way, I looked into some image editing software.  Since I don't feel like pirating Photoshop, I downloaded an open-source alternative called GIMP.  It's pretty powerful.  Playing around last night, I did this:


Look at me, being all artsy.  This is one of our recent anniversary photos.  To do this edit, you overlay a black-and-white copy of the image and selectively make the color image opaque (or, to think about it another way, selectively make the black-and-white version transparent).  Pretty easy (if a bit time intensive) and the results are nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment