Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mom's Day

From A:

Happy Mother's Day to the wonderful mothers of J and A.  We are both so blessed to have incredible mothers whose influence has helped make us the people we are today. 

My mom taught me to be a stronger person -- to stand up for myself, to find a way to do what needed to be done, and to not be intimidated by male-dominated activities (play tennis and flag football with the boys, participate in ROTC, be an engineer, etc).


I don't know what J would say his mom taught him, but I'll take a guess at what it would be.  I think she taught him the value of being a good person - of doing the right thing even when it's not the easiest, most convenient, or popular thing to do.


So to our mothers: thanks for all you taught us when we were young, thanks for the friends you are to us today, and thanks for continuing to provide us with motherly wisdom, advice, and insight when we need it.  We love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment