Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Work Day Entertainment

From A:

I've been asked for an update about the dishes from the last post.  The blueberry crisp was popular with my co-workers and was a welcome surprise during our staff meeting.  The sausage and spinach strata also turned out being quite tasty, and got several encores as leftovers.  J referred to it as "good" which is quite the compliment in his language.  Here is the translation I've discovered between our languages:

A's "awesome!" = J's "great"
A's "great" = J's "good"
A's "good" = J's "okay"
A's "okay" = J's "feh"

In work news, I've been enjoying the daily drama of a new business across the street from my office (my office window overlooks it).  The business is apparently both an auto detailing place as well as a fast food restaurant, which is advertised to be open 24/7, 365 days a year.  I'm not sure who gets their car detailed at 3am, but I can imagine people leaving bars are looking for some eats, so that could be a good business decision.  However, it seems that the same 3 people basically run the place (and are there all day long).  That makes me wonder... who is there all night long?

Needless to say, it has provided great entertainment value for my entire department.  Two of my co-workers have had lunch there (well, take-out they brought back to the office).  It was apparently somewhat sketchy to go there, but the food reviews have been positive and the prices are good.  Regardless, I don't plan to eat there.  Ever.

And with a final topic change, I'm looking forward to my friend (and Matron of Honor from our wedding) Colleen's upcoming baby shower!  It will be great to see her since we live so far away from each other, and it will be really fun to celebrate her first baby due to arrive in April.  Here's a picture of us from the wedding in June:


No comments:

Post a Comment