Sunday, February 28, 2010

Atlanta

From A:

Last week we traveled to Atlanta for the 2010 SHS/ASQ Conference.  This was my second time attending this conference (I went two years ago when it was in Orlando), and my first time as an invited speaker.  It was an enjoyable conference to attend, and I feel like my presentation was well-received by the various healthcare professionals attending the conference.

We also had some time to see a few sights in Atlanta while we were there.  Among them, we went to the World of Coca-Cola:

 

  

Here we are with the creepy looking red-eyed polar bear.  I guess if you drink too much Coke your eyes turn red?  Somehow, the person in the bear suit was able to make the eyes blink and the mouth open and close mechanically, which was strange:


We also saw some interesting Coke artwork.  Among the notables:



More proof that the Gator Nation is everywhere:

 

For dinner one night, we went to Glays Knight and Ron Winans' Chicken and Waffles.  We had seen the restaurant on the Travel Channel on Man vs. Food and just had to try it.  We got the Midnight Train, which is an original malted waffle with fried chicken wings.  We also got a malted buckwheat waffle to try:


It lived up to all the hype and was just delicious, obviously:


Minus getting stuck for two hours in a big traffic jam just outside Atlanta on our way home, it was a great trip!  I feel very accomplished for having been a presenter at a national conference, and I'm glad we were able to have some fun while we were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment