Thursday, October 27, 2011

YouTube

I feel like I should be in a commercial for YouTube.  By watching videos posted to YouTube, I learned how to knit a scarf!


I had a round loom that had been sitting in the closet for a while. 


I had previously used to it make winter hats.  Mine didn't have beards attached, but what a brilliant idea!


When I started doing research about things I could make on the loom other than hats, I came across a video showing how to knit a scarf.  So I tried it.  And I made a one-strand periwinkle scarf.


Then after reading responses to the video, I saw someone mention using two strands to make a thicker scarf. So I tried it, too.  And I made a thicker blue and grey scarf.


I'm pretty excited about this new use for the loom.  Not only is it MUCH less time consuming than making hats, I feel like it's something more useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment