Saturday, October 8, 2011

Cousins Reunited

After growing up on opposite sides of the country, I've recently been reunited with my cousin Lauren who also lives in the DC area.

Our first photo together since...

... this photo in 1992.  Lauren is in the green shirt
and I'm in the orange shirt.
Tom Selleck (aka my Uncle Greg) is in the red shirt.
We met up with Lauren and her family to tour Mount Vernon today.  It was a beautiful day and the girls were so much fun to play with.

J + A with Lauren's girls.

"Cousin J" with Zoe in the distillery.

"Cousin J" showing Claire the gristmill.

The girls outside the distillery - they're so cute!
This was my third visit to Mount Vernon (J's second visit), and we continue to learn new things each time.  It's such a beautiful place with so much history and so many neat things to see.  We might go back later in the fall once more trees start changing color, and a Christmas visit is also on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment