Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Autumn Wreath

Using supplies from the craft store, I made an autumn wreath for our front door.

Here's what I bought:
- Grape vine wreath ($3.74 - includes 25% off promo)
- Sunflower garland ($1.79 - includes fall flowers sale + 25% off promo)
- Wrapped floral wire ($1.49 - includes 25% off promo)

I attached some wire to the top of the wreath (using the metal loop that the price tag was attached to) to hang it from the door.  Starting at the top, I secured one end of the garland using floral wire and then started wrapping it around the wreath.  After making sure the wraps were even, I secured the other end of the garland using floral wire.

After hanging the wreath on the door, I pulled off any of the sunflowers that ended up on the back side of the wreath (and prevented it from hanging flat against the door).  And there you have it... a five minute project that can easily be redecorated by simply changing the garland.


Total cost of project = $7.02.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I like the fact that you can change it with the seasons.

    ReplyDelete