Friday, October 28, 2011

Cooking Resources

I've recently found a couple of exciting cooking resources on the web.  The first is Foodbuzz.


The Foodbuzz main page highlights the most popular posts by food bloggers.  Top picks are based on how many people have decided to "buzz" it.  I especially like the Top 9 dishes which are updated daily.

If you're looking for a specific type of food blog, you can check out the 2011 Foodbuzz Blog Awards Nominees.  Topics include healthy living, baking and pastry, general cooking, and more.  I have especially enjoyed looking at the Best Photography nominees... who doesn't love awesome photos of beautiful home-cooking?!


The second resource I've found was posted by one of the Foodbuzz bloggers, Brown Eyed Baker.  She compiled a list of her 150 favorite fall recipes, which is broken down into categories.  When I think of fall food, I usually think of baked goods that use pumpkin.  And although some of these are on the list, there are also a lot of main dishes, side dishes, and appetizers.

I don't know about you, but the Italian Sausage, Red Pepper, and Mushroom Risotto looks to me like a big bowl of warmth on a chilly fall day.

www.browneyedbaker.com photo
Happy cooking!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of Foodbuzz but never really checked out the site. I actually have a sugar pumpkin that needs a home in a pie or other baked good.

    ReplyDelete