Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Earthquake Humor

Yesterday's earthquake was certainly unexpected... and a little scary for those of us who:
1. Have never experienced an earthquake before
2. Live in buildings not meant to withstand earthquakes (ahem, the entire East Coast)
3. Realized afterward that they really didn't know what to do during the earthquake

But scariness aside, there's also been a lot of humor following the earthquake, which is some much-needed comic relief for many.  Here are a few of my favorites:

Too true - so many of my friends (myself included) were on Facebook right after the earthquake.
I also got a text from my mom in Florida asking about the earthquake before I had confirmed that was what occurred.
"Devastation in Downtown D.C. Following Earthquake"
This was sent to me by a former co-worker in Florida.

And now we prepare for Hurricane Irene.  At least this is a natural disaster we're familiar with.

3 comments: