Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Box

From A:

My childhood is in a box on my desk.

This weekend, I finally sorted through a huge pile of childhood photos from my parents' house.  I'm very grateful that they took so many photos of me growing up (most of them made possible by the Polaroid instant camera) and trusted me enough to raid the family photos and take the ones I wanted.

Later today, the box of 230 photos will begin its journey to a photo scanning service to become digital photo files.  I will be very relieved once I receive the file DVD and have them backed up on our external hard drive.

In other news, Valentine's Day is coming and I was in the mood to do some baking last night.  I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies as an early V-Day surprise for my co-workers and got them packaged for distribution.  Of course, I also made a few extras for J and I to enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. A photo scanning service? Sounds interesting. Are you paying a company to do that? PS - I may just make some of those same cookies tonight... after going the gym, of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, ScanDigital - it's a company that scans your photos, restores them if they have damage, and puts them on a DVD for you (then they send the original photos back to you). Groupon periodically offers $100 gift certificates for $40, which is enough to scan 200 normal-sized photos. We sent J's photos in last month and then sent mine in today.

    ReplyDelete