Monday, February 21, 2011

Another Conference Update

From A:

The last update omitted a couple of interesting conference tidbits.

First of all, I won a prize drawing on the last day of the conference!  As I learned from the conference exhibitor who donated my prize, his wife is an artist and made the 3-piece glass art set I won.  It ended up being a nice addition to my nightstand.  Here's what it looks like:


Secondly, our conference was held at the Peabody Orlando, which is a very nice hotel and conference center.  There were at least two other large conferences being held at the same time as ours (one was an investment banker conference, the other a real estate conference).  It was really, really easy to tell whether the people we saw were investment bankers or real estate agents.

For anyone not familiar with the Peabody, it's known for its ducks that march in and out of the fountain area each morning and evening.  You can read more here.  They really roll out the red carpet for the ducks - literally - and it's very cute.  Here's a photo I took of the duck fountain:


The hotel also had an amazing pool area with water slide, huge fitness center with group fitness classes, several restaurants, and live entertainment.  I wish I'd had more time to enjoy the hotel without being busy at the conference the entire time!

No comments:

Post a Comment