Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday Breakfast

From A:

Breakfast this morning is a Turkey Sausage Strata from the new "Hot Recipes in Cool Dishes" cookbook I got for Christmas.  The dish is fairly simple, calling for cubed Italian bread (I used a half loaf from Publix), eggs, milk, breakfast sausage, salt, pepper, and shredded cheese.  I made it last night to let the bread soak overnight as recommended in the recipe.

After baking this morning, here's what it looked like:


Yesterday afternoon, I had a relaxing visit to Cloud 9 Spa for a manicure.  Thanks to Chelsea and Daniel for the gift certificate they gave me for Christmas!  Although I am very partial to the nail color "Blushingham Palace," I changed things up this time and got "Argenteeny Pinkini," which ended up being a very nice shade of pink:


And as a final aside, I have to brag about the awesome shopping trip I had to Publix yesterday.  Some weeks, the stars align with Publix offering buy one, get one free deals and manufacturers offering coupons for the same products.  And since store coupons can be used in conjunction with manufacturer coupons, it makes for fantastic deals!

So on yesterday's visit I spent $35.63 and saved $51.85.  In other words, I got $87.48 worth of groceries and paid just $35.63.  However, I have to admit that $31.92 of the savings was due to getting 8 free boxes of Special K cereal, since it was a Publix buy one, get one free deal this week, and Kellogg's currently has buy one, get one free coupons available.

Okay, that's my savings rant for the day.  Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment