Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Greek Pasta Salad

From A:

My work lunches this week have been Greek Pasta Salad, another recipe from the "Hot Recipes in Cool Dishes" cookbook.  J thinks this pasta is disgusting because it uses two ingredients that he detests: olives and feta cheese.  However, I happen to love these ingredients, as well as the others in the dish:
  • rotini pasta (I used garden delight pasta which is made with spinach, tomato, and carrot)
  • quartered artichoke hearts
  • halved cherry tomatoes
  • feta cheese
  • black olives
  • greek dressing (I used italian dressing instead since I already had some)

Switching gears, while shopping over the weekend, I found two really cute sets of coordinating plates.  The first looks similar to talavera pottery, which we have several pieces of in our bedroom and bathroom.  I got a couple of smaller plates to use for organization on our bathroom shelves, plus a big plate that I used in the kitchen:


The second is a set of square black matte plates with a tan gloss design on top.  The smaller plates are on our entertainment center and the largest plate and coordinating mug are on our coffee table:


And finally in work news (sort of), I found a way for Alton Brown to make some extra cash from lawsuits if he doesn't feel like hosting cooking shows or writing cookbooks anymore.  An article in the latest Industrial Engineer magazine could be good lawsuit material if the host of "Good Eats" from the Food Network wants to sue.  Also, I blame this article for making me want to eat lunch at 10:00am:

5 comments:

  1. Your lunch looks yummy! And Alton could totally sue, but I'm sure that he has enough money as it is. I know that we have made a rather large donation to his money stash with the number of his cookbooks and dvd's that we have in the house. (Chris got the newest Good Eats cookbook for Christmas this year). I also think that you just reminded me to renew our Real Simple Magazines :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Alton certainly doesn't need the money. We must confess that we own one of his cookbooks as well. We also own a few Rachel Ray cookbooks... there's another celebrity chef who is making a ton of money.

    Also, Real Simple is the best magazine ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. +1 for Real Simple. I tagged A in a post today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, this is depressing. I don't even know enough bloggers to complete the Stylish Blog Awards. Bummer. Maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can by stylish no matter how many people you pass it on (or don't pass it on) to :). I think you could definitely use broccoli with the bok choy recipe. Basically it just plays the role of a crunchy green vegetable. We thought it tasted pretty good but added a little hot sauce to our plates after it was done so you *might* like it a little spicier than the recipe calls for.

    ReplyDelete