Monday, January 24, 2011

Root Beer Cookies

From A:

One of our Christmas gifts from C and D was a root beer cookie mix from Wisconsin:


I would describe the dry ingredients as a basic sugar cookie mix.  But what makes the cookies so unique is the addition of root beer as the liquid (along with butter for crispy cookies or oil for soft cookies - we chose soft cookies).  I've never thought of using root beer in sugar cookies, but it makes delicious cookie dough (I have to confess that I licked out the bowl - yum!):


The package made a lot of cookies - 36 to be exact.  I'll be sharing some of them with my co-workers.  They'll be surprised to find out that I've deviated from my usual oatmeal chocolate chip cookies:


Here are finished cookies.  They cooked to a perfect light golden color:


These cookies get two thumbs up from J + A.  And they have inspired me to add root beer to my next batch of sugar cookies to see if I can recreate the experience.

2 comments:

  1. (Wiping the drool off of my keyboard...) They look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked them. They look like they turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete