Saturday, April 4, 2015

Spring Traditions


Now that we live somewhere that actually has four seasons, I appreciate spring's arrival more than ever. Mid-way through winter I'm ready for the temperatures to warm up, the trees to start flowering, and "green-ness" to return.

Once spring finally arrives, I enjoy getting a fresh new haircut for the warmer weather. Here's my latest right after I left the salon.

 
 
My hair does not hold curls well at all - they fall fast. However, the style was still looking pretty good the next morning even though it had mostly straightened.
 


The next thing I can't wait to do in spring is get my herbs and veggies planted. The evening lows have still been a little too cool for planting, but I have my pots ready to go!


I'm really liking the new plant stand that J built for me. It gives me more surface space for my pots without taking up a good portion of our picnic table. This year I plan to grow peppers, cherry tomatoes, basil, rosemary, and perhaps a few more herbs to be determined.

Finally, I can't wait to start cooking with some good local produce. Our local produce place stays open for just a few hours on the weekends during the winter (mostly for CSA pick-up) and has a limited supply. As of last week, they are back to full-time hours and have started getting a larger variety of fruits and veggies. For Easter I plan to make a ham and potato frittata with red peppers, spinach, and basil - yum!


Happy Spring and Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment