Thursday, March 12, 2015

Farewell, Henry


With mixed emotions, we'll be turning Henry Honda over to his new owners this weekend. He's been a great car for many years so we're sad to see him go. However, we feel good that our friends from church will be his new owners and they are very happy to be getting him. This ended up being a win-win situation because when we were looking to sell, they were looking to buy (while I was on my way to the bulletin board to post our 'for sale' flyer, I was stopped and asked about it!).


Kudos to J for the cleaning, care, and maintenance he's performed over the years. When the new owners had their mechanic look at the car, he remarked about what excellent condition it's in and didn't find a single thing wrong.


As I'm writing this post and looking for car photos, I'm remembering that Henry was the car we drove away in after our wedding. He's also the car we drove to pick up Allie and bring her home for the very first time. Aww.


Farewell, Henry. We hope your new family will have as many good memories with you as we've had.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you can feel very good about this sale. A great car for you and J (and D?) over the years and now another family is lucky to own it. Kudos, indeed! 🚘

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know which picture I like the most: the first one where you can see A and J's reflections while standing in the snow or the last one where I obviously have no idea what I am doing with the tulle.

    ReplyDelete