Thursday, January 17, 2013

Tinkering


Finding the perfect pieces to put in our new cabinets and shelf has proven to be more difficult that I thought.  So I've been tinkering.

My original plan was to only use things we already had and not buy anything else - "re-purposing" as my mom likes to call it.  However, I ended up buying three small white vases just to round things out, (I got the trio on sale for only $15) so I still consider this a successful re-purposing.

First off, here's a shelf that I bought at an estate sale.  This is in our living room next to our pub table.


Only the small white vase on the left was bought specifically for the shelf.

Next, here's our large curio cabinet hanging on the back wall of the kitchen.


For this I used two different Pfaltzgraff patterns that I had a few pieces of.  On the left is the Napoli pattern and on the right is the Merlot pattern.  There are also a few battery-powered candles that come on in the evening to add some light.

Finally, here is the small curio cabinet, also in our kitchen.


I decided to use a blue and white color scheme when I recently found an upacked box in the garage that contained our set of blue and white teacups with lids - hooray!  The white vases on the top shelf were bought so we would have some light pieces that would stand out in the darker top shelf.  There are also a couple of battery-powered candles that come on in the evening.

I can't promise that I won't continue to tinker and move things around, but I'm pretty happy with the arrangement for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment