Saturday, June 12, 2010

Commercial Recap

From A:

It's over!  I have officially finished shooting my scene for the "We are the Boys" commercial.  While talking with the producer today, it seems that the commercial I was in will be broadcast during the 2011 football season, whereas the "Do the Chomp" commercial (that I wasn't in) is for the 2010 season.  That gives me plenty of time to sign autographs prior to the debut.

But don't despair.  It seems that once the commercial is complete, I'll be getting a link via email to see the finished product.  Look for the link on our blog later this year!

So now for the description of my experience.  When I arrived for the shoot I was immediately sent to hair and makeup.  Although I had already applied what I consider to be "heavy" makeup, I hadn't gotten anywhere close what they would ultimately apply.  Once the makeup lady was done, my face definitely had quite a matte finish:


Next was wardrobe.  Although I brought scrubs to wear (as instructed), the producer made a last-minute change and decided I would wear an orange Gator polo instead.  It was really cute and just my size, so I was fine with the change.  My scene consisted of a resident (in scrubs), a doctor (in a white coat), me (in my polo), a lady from transplant (in a blouse), and a secretary (in a suit).

Our location was the "monumental staircase" in the lobby of the new hospital, and our line of the song was the very last, "For F-L-O-R-I-D-A," although we sang the entire song for all of the takes just in case they need it to fill in with during editing.  We did about 5 takes with a wide angle and about 5 more with a close angle, then shot a few with variations in motion, and a couple of "Go Gators!" cheers.

The coolest part of the experience to me was the makeup lady who would run up to us between takes to blot off any sweat and apply more powder so we didn't have shiny faces.  I've always wanted to have that done!

The entire film crew and cast members got t-shirts, too:

No comments:

Post a Comment