Friday, February 21, 2014

Complaining Works


About a month ago I bought a box of Quaker cookies for us to take in our lunches.  It turns out that one of the packages inside the (sealed) box had not been closed during the manufacturing process or had come open since.  As I'm known to do in this sort of situation, I mailed the defective package to Quaker along with a letter.  My letters to companies always begin with how much my family LOVES their products and then go on to tell them how DISAPPOINTED we were to discover a problem with one of their products. 

Most times, complaining works!  We almost always get at least a replacement for the damaged goods, and sometimes we get even more.  This turned out to be one of those times.  In today's mail we received two Quaker mini crocks and three $3 off coupons along with a letter of apology. 


I'm a satisfied customer.

But wait, there's more.  FedEx also left us a package today from OXO.  At the same time I mailed the cookies to Quaker, I also mailed our wine stopper to OXO.  Some of the rubber had started to pull away from the stopper so I sent the same sort of letter along with the damaged stopper.  OXO sent us a brand new stopper - one that's been redesigned since we got our last one.


Once again, I'm a satisfied customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment