Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Williamsburg

We spent our Columbus Day weekend in Williamsburg.  J hadn't been there in many years and this was my first visit.

We started with a tour of the Governor's Palace - it was so beautiful!  Our tour guide taught the ladies how to properly curtsy and the men how to properly bow (while showing off their most shapely calf):


The gardens were amazing - check out these massive bushes.  I'm glad that I don't have to trim them - they would look more like blobs if I got out there with my hedge trimmer.


Here is one of the paths along the edge of the garden.  Again - just gorgeous.


And here are some of the period actors cooking a meal.  Seeing them lug barrels of cooking water from the stream made me especially thankful for indoor plumbing.


On our way home from Williamsburg, we picked up our Allie Gator!  Here we are with Allie and her mom.


1 comment:

  1. People were tougher back then, but I for one am glad to be a wimp with air conditioning.

    ReplyDelete