Saturday, October 27, 2012

Allie's Journal - Day 19

I do not know how long I'll have to pen this communique.  The tall ones have given me a brief respite unattended due to "getting in my crate" upon command.  They then smile, cruelly, at me and offer me a pittance of food.  I don't care for their patronizing tones but I accept their offering, gathering my strength.  The days are beginning to blur together.  I can faintly remember my brothers and sisters.  I pray that they are safe in their journeys, for I fear that my siblings have met with fates worse than mine.  Prior to my abduction most of them were taken away and disfigured, leaving them in a weakened state - the better to subjugate?  The fates spared me from that cruel happening but alas, journal, my times have not been easy.

The tall ones monitor my every move.  They are harsh captors, speaking forcefully when I attempt to investigate my new environs.  Curse these short legs!  Were my stature greater I could inspect with impunity and not invite their wrath by jumping for a brief glimpse of hidden surfaces.

Yesterday, journal, was a trial.  The day began as most other do.  I was awakened by the deep-voiced tall one while it was still dark and forced to go outside to relieve myself while he watched and narrated the event to me.  The fool!  I'm perfectly aware of my actions!  My shame complete, he then proffered me a morsel of food, reward for his mockery.  I was then given the first of my daily rations.  I do not know which meal will be my last, so I must guard my platter.  Yet the tall one takes it away when I attempt to ward him off!  It is only returned when I feign subservience and "sit."

After the meal, I am forced into gladiatorial combat against many cunning foes - the green one, the horned one, the long one, and the most formidable enemy of all, the massive gray one.  They are dastardly, but I have learned their ways. 

This cycle repeats.  I am taken outside to make my necessities, then we return indoors for "play" - oh, the monotony!  Occasionally I am paraded around outside of the prison walls for other tall ones to fawn over.  The tall ones take great pride, it seems, in having captured me.

But yesterday, yesterday was different.  The deep-voiced tall one returned and I was placed into his conveyance, then forced to endure a nausea-inducing "car ride."  And the destination?  The..."vet."  Journal, the challenges I face are enough to strike fear into the hearts of every canine.  My vitals were taken and the tall ones were pleased at my weight - 13 lbs 5 ozs.  Are they fattening me up?  What nefarious purpose are they keeping me for?  The thought distressed me so much that the rest of the visit was a blur.  After a final lancing we left.

Upon returning to my main prison chambers I was confronted with a new enemy - the red one.  He mocked me, refusing to stay down when I showed my dominance.  But what was this?  He seemed to enjoy the abuse and rewarded me with food after each pugilistic bout.  There are strange individuals in this world, journal. 

I do not know when I will be able to escape the hawk eyes of the tall ones - curse them! - and pen another entry but, until then, I will stay strong.

-Allie

1 comment:

  1. Oh, dear me. I fear that The Tall Ones will meet some cruel fate when they least expect it. But, perhaps The Furry One and The Tall Ones have begun to harbor some affectionate feelings for one another? If so, then I foresee some very happy developments and interesting plot twists in this most entertaining story. Well done, Allie! MM

    ReplyDelete