Saturday, January 7, 2012

Baby Shower - Engineer Style

Colleen and I (both industrial engineers by education) threw a baby shower for our friend Jessica (mechanical engineer by education).

Colleen with one of our youngest shower attendees.

Soon-to-be mom of 2, Jessica.

We used our background in statics to help us build diaper cakes for centerpieces.




And our facilities planning class helped us create an efficient room layout.


Our knowledge of statistics led us to create a pool.


I never took art in college, but if I had, I think I would deserve an 'A' for the onesie that I decorated.


And the most important skill came from learning about atomic packing factors in our materials class.  We fit all of this stuff into Jessica's car after the shower!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I like the onsie decorating idea. I've never seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! You and Colleen made a wonderful shower for Jessica. She told me she had a great time! Thanks so much.
    Gisele Parker, Jessica's mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were so happy to plan the shower for Jessica - she is a wonderful friend (and mom!).

    ReplyDelete