Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Christmas Spirit

I caught whatever has been going around lately (unfortunately, it's not just the Christmas Spirit).  It involves a sore throat, cough, and loss of energy - as in, I spent two entire days laying in bed or lounging on the couch doing nothing.  If this had kept up much longer, I was going to ask Santa to bring me a Forever Lazy.


Luckily, I've had Season 2 of Modern Family to keep me company, thanks to our friends Chris and Colleen.


The fact that I'm updating the blog today shows that I've gained some energy back - a very welcomed change.  Which brings me to the weird item of the week.  We went into the city on Saturday and were greeted by hundreds of people dressed as Santa on the National Mall.


After doing some research, it seems that we stumbled upon "Santarchy," which is described as, "...a non-profit, non-political, non-religious & non-sensical celebration of holiday cheer, goodwill, and fun."

Umm, okay.  Whatever the reason, seeing a carousel filled with a bunch of Santa look-a-likes was an amusing sight.


No comments:

Post a Comment