Thursday, December 1, 2011

Black Friday-ish

We're not really Black Friday shoppers.  There have been a couple of times when I went shopping on Black Friday, but I woke up at a reasonable time and didn't have crowds like this to fight.


Unknowingly, a couple of weeks ago, J and I found ourselves in a Black Friday-ish atmosphere at Old Navy.  We had received a coupon on a previous shopping trip that we wanted to use so we headed to the store.

The parking lot was crowded, but it usually is... however, the inside of the store was just SLAMMED!  At first I thought everyone else was using coupons, but then I noticed a sign that said:

75% off all outerwear from 12pm - 5pm

Ohhhhhhh, that's why everyone was there.

Well, we were there anyway, so we might as well grab a bunch of jackets to try on like everyone else.  And we ended up finding some great ones!  J got a casual jacket with a thick lining for work, and I got two dressier jackets since most of mine are more casual.  And J also found a couple of sweaters.

So with the 75% off deal plus our coupon, we ended up spending $47.18... and saving $209.88!


That's what I call a Black Friday-ish deal!

And while we're on the topic, I've got to post this hilarious video of Black Friday shopping pranks.


2 comments:

  1. Ok, so, you need to warn people to put their drink down for the entire length of the video. I thought it was safe to take a sip of water, at one point, but it totally wasn't. That video is so hilarious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you spilled your drink and need to clean it up, you might try using a left handed washing glove. I hear they work well.

    ReplyDelete