Sunday, April 10, 2011

Steinhatchee Vacation: Part 3

From A:

J and my dad were able to do a lot of fishing - either from the boat slips behind our cottage or at the fishing spot they found closer to the Gulf.  Here they are with their gear:


And here they are out on the boat slips (photo taken from the front sleeping loft):


Of course, we had to take a few obligatory family photos as well:




And to close out the Steinhatchee Vacation posts (although it's somewhat unrelated), I'll leave you with the story of Pelikini.  Pelikini is one of the "Pelicans in Paradise" displayed around Pensacola, Florida.  She is located in the Pensacola Welcome Center - here is a photo I took back in November during our Thanksgiving break:


That's right, she's a pelican wearing a polka-dot bikini.  What you may not be able to see is what she brings with her to the beach: a boom box, a bottle of fish oil, and the latest issue of the Cosmopelican.

Well, now I have my very own miniature Pelikini!

1 comment:

  1. I guess I'd never thought about it, but you look so much like your mom, Anne. Do you have pictures of her at your age?

    ReplyDelete