Thursday, April 28, 2011

New Glasses!

From A:

Thanks to the other eyeglass-wearing employees in my office building, I've recently learned about a new resource for ordering glasses.  It's called Coastal Contacts (not surprisingly, they also sell contacts), and it's fabulous!

Every once in a while, this website offers a freebie day, where a promotional code is shared through its Facebook page and 10,000 free pairs of glasses are given away that day.  I participated in a freebie day last week.  If you just get basic lenses and frames, you can get a pair of glasses for $15 which covers shipping and handling.  I opted to also add a lens coating bundle (anti-glare, anti-scratch, and UV protection) for an additional $15.  And here's how my glasses turned out:


The frame color is "taupe."  Depending on the lighting, the frame usually either looks brownish or copper-ish, which I think is a good color for my complexion.

My favorite thing about Coastal Contacts is that you can get a one-time exchange on freebie glasses at no cost (a postage-paid shipping label is emailed to you).  After one exchange if you decide not to keep your glasses, another postage-paid label is emailed to you and your entire purchase price (including shipping and handling) is refunded.  So trying a new pair of glasses (or two pairs if you exchange the first) costs absolutely nothing.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute. Might even motivate me to trade in the glasses I bought from the kids' section years and years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Looking forward to seeing them (and you!) in person very soon!

    ReplyDelete