Friday, July 16, 2010

Welcome to my World

From A:

In response to a post by EarlyRunner, I've taken some photographs around my office to show a little of my daily life.  I wish I had a picture to include of the John McCain look-alike that I see nearly every morning on my way to work.  That will have to wait for another day.

So here it is... my office!  I'll begin with the most important part, the executive decision-maker.  This helps me to accomplish my goals each and every day:


But one dart board isn't enough.  I also have another one cleverly hidden behind my door (next to the king jellyfish on my marker board - my boss drew this).  To my knowledge, only one of my co-workers actually knows about this because she's lost to me in darts:


Next, my collection of random textbooks from undergrad and grad school:


My personal favorite, the spinning office supply organizer:


Here is the drawer of nerdiness!  This is where I keep two of my three calculators (I have a non-graphing, a graphing, and a financial calculator), an extra pair of glasses, and my regular and architectural rulers.  Also, plenty of post-it notes in a variety of colors to spice up my work day:


And finally, some fun facts about this drawer:
  1. The Subway mint wrapper in the bottom left of the drawer is empty, but the package is factory sealed.  I got this at Subway about a year ago and keep it around to give to unsuspecting co-workers who ask for gum or a mint.
  2. Next to the mint is my stash of weird coins.  Whenever I come across a foreign coin or one that's unique in some way, I save it for my dad's coin collection.
  3. The little yellow guy at the top is a keyboard brush I got at a conference a few years ago.  He continues to come in very handy.
  4. I admit it - I am hopelessly addicted to chap-stick.  I keep it in my desk, my purse, my bathroom, my make-up bag, my travel bag, and just about anywhere else I can think of.  But not my car - I tried that and had a melted chap-stick explosion all over one of my skirts back in 2005.  Is it weird that I remember when and where that occurred?

2 comments:

  1. He brings some much-needed whimsy to the world of engineering sometimes.

    ReplyDelete