Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tablescapes

From A:

J gets so annoyed by the "tablescapes" that Sandra Lee displays at the end of her Food Network show Semi-Homemade.

I agree that many of them are obnoxious.  I mean, how do you fit any food on a table that looks like this?


On the other hand, some of her more simplistic arrangements can be quite cute.


Inspired by the cuter, less obnoxious tablescapes, I've made my own.  We already owned everything except for the placemats and flowers, so I think it turned out being a resourceful new look for our table.


The color scheme made creating a floral arrangement challenging, but I'm satisfied with the outcome.  J didn't seem to be repulsed by the change, so I think it was a success overall.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I'm glad J wasn't repulsed by the change :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Don't tell anyone, but I think he might actually like it.

    ReplyDelete