Friday, November 1, 2013

Tricks for Treats


Allie had a fun Howl-o-ween party at daycare yesterday.  When I picked her up, she came out with a candy corn scarf and I was given a copy of her picture wearing a ghost headband.


She also had the opportunity to trick or treat in the daycare lobby before we went home.  She got to do tricks and received treats (Halloween shaped dog treats) for them.  My favorite was the cat shape!  We also came home with a bag filled with more treats to enjoy for the rest of the evening.

I think Allie was liking Halloween after her daycare experience, but she definitely did not like the trick or treaters coming to our door.  She's too much of a guard dog to be okay with people knocking on our door and us opening it to them.

In an attempt to help the situation, I decided to sit on the porch with our bowl of candy so I could pass it out to children before they knocked on the door.  This helped a little, but Allie still wasn't comfortable with me talking to children (in the tone of voice I often use with her) while she was stuck inside.


Lucky for her, our two bags of candy ran out pretty fast.  I thought we were doing well quantity-wise until a group of about 15 children showed up.  Not surprisingly, we ran out of candy and didn't have any good substitutes in the house, although we did consider giving away fruit cups or granola bars before deciding to call it a night and turn off the porch light.  Allie was happy with this decision.

J went to work dressed as a scientist (he wore what he would normally wear) and I dressed in black and orange for work, complete with a pumpkin pin my mom sent for the holiday.

I'm realizing that we need to clean the bathroom mirror.

I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment