Friday, May 3, 2013

A Day in the Life


It's Friday.  Allie went to daycare all day yesterday (which means she's exhausted today).  I'm off today and J has work.  Here's how our day went.

8:00am: J is gone to work.  I'm watching the morning news on the couch and Allie is on her living room bed.


9:00am: I get Allie up to go outside.  She's still partially on her living room bed but has worked herself off the edge and onto her back.  She seems to enjoy sleeping like this for some strange reason.


10:45am: Allie has been sleeping on our bed for a while.  She's zonked out.


11:45am: I try to wake Allie up for her lunch walk.  In the past hour she has rolled over.  That's all.


This is her response when I ask if she wants to go for a "walkees."  She seems to think I'm talking to a different Allie.


I try to pick her up but she flops over on her back and does her best Muppet impression.  Meep!


12:00pm: We finally go for a walk.

12:30pm: I go to the grocery store.  Allie stays in the kitchen with her peanut butter-filled chew toy.  Nom.

1:45pm: I return from the grocery store.  Allie inspects the bags of groceries.

3:00pm: We go for an afternoon walk.  A very nice stick is found and brought home.

3:45pm: Guess where Allie is?!


4:15pm: Allie just figured out that I'm on the computer so she moved from the bedroom to the bathroom across from the office so she can keep an eye on me.


4:45pm: Cuddle time.


5:00pm: Playing with the workout ball (cue circus music).




 5:15pm: Anxiously awaiting J's return home from work.



5:30pm: J is home!  Freak out!

6:00pm: Dinner time.

6:30pm: Family walk after dinner.


7:00pm: Hanging out in the Man Cave (special dispensation given to female canines).



Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment