Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Finding the Perfect Lamps

For the last couple of months, I've been on a pursuit - of lamps.  I had a basic idea of the type of lamp that would look good in our living room, but I just hadn't found it yet.  Every store we went to included a stop on the lamp aisle.  But I just hadn't found it... until my latest trip to Home Goods.

I actually found two similar lamps that were possiblities:


So I did what any good designer does - texted a photo to my husband for input.  And he liked the black one.  After more consideration, I also found ways to like the black one - most importantly was the fact that the base is metal instead of glass, which should be much more durable.  So black it was - and they ended up looking great!


Just for fun, here we are on our way home from the store:


BUT...

In the process of finding this lamp I had found another.  One that I fell in love with even though I didn't have a need for it.  It was just so cool!


So I bought it (I'm weak).  However, I found a great place for it in our bedroom!



So now we have lamps.  And I'll have to decide what my next pursuit will be.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you are such a responsible lamp owner, making sure your new purchases buckle up for the ride home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, don't some of the home decorating blogs take submissions from readers? You really ought to submit that living room photo. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lamp safety is very important to me. Maybe I should submit the before and after photos - thanks for the suggestion (and compliment)!

    ReplyDelete