Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Playground?

From A:

Playgrounds are so last year.  The cool place (and I mean that literally) for kids to go now is the SPRAYGROUND!


That's right.  It's a playground with water.  Big jets of water, small fountains of water, unpredictable streams of water, ships squirting water, and the list goes on. 

No, I wasn't a creepy adult hanging around children on the sprayground.  I went with my friend Colleen and her adorable son Isaac:


I think his face says it all - it's a really fun place for kids.  It was a pretty hot day, but it really didn't seem so bad once you were in the water. 

Although, I'm not the best person to complain about the heat to - considering that I was still living in Florida a month ago.  I've stopped a lot of cashier small talk in stores lately when they complain about how hot it is outside.  Once I answer that I just moved here from Florida, they become very motivated to just finish my purchase and get me out the door. 


Sorry, local cashiers, but I can't sympathize with you just yet.  Perhaps after I've experienced my first Virginia winter.

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the "It's so hot" talk. People here in Chicago are complaining about it being hot and humid. It's 85 and maybe 10% humidity? It's AMAZING compared to Florida! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sprayground does look like a lot of fun!

    People in WI are wimps about the heat, too. Although, I will say that on the rare day when it cracks the 90s, our un-airconditioned gym and apartment get uncomfortable quick. I know plenty of people who would be perfectly happy if it never got hotter than 60 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had such a fun time with "Auntie" Anne! I feel honored that we made back-to-back blog appearances :)

    I will say that it did seem very hot today since our air conditioning was broken. But I guess most temperatures seem hot to me now after spending an entire winter in Alaska.

    ReplyDelete