Saturday, October 2, 2010

Around Campus

From A:

Now that the weather has FINALLY started to cool off, I've gotten back outside to do some photography.  I don't claim to know any more about photography than the average person, but I definitely enjoy taking photos.

I went around campus earlier in the week and got some photos around the Lake Alice area.  The Baughman Center always takes beautiful pictures:


My timing was great because two large alligators and one baby alligator were visible in the lake.  One of the large alligators was spotted swimming out in the water.

Another alligator (J and I think this is the same humpback gator that used to live in the Graham Pond several years ago) was just hanging out near a wooden bridge.  Under the bridge was a baby alligator, but it was unfortunately not in a position that would allow for a photo.

The gator seemed to think this child looked like a tasty treat.  Nom!

However, it's more likely that one of the turtles was dinner for the gator.
With a few white birds for dessert.

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Didn't you say they were talking about painting the Baughman Center white? I'm so glad they didn't do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We think they were just doing some sort of treatment on the wood. Crisis averted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job capturing some beautiful pics. Looks lovely! I love Gainesville during this time of year.

    ReplyDelete