Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What I did at work today

From A:
Today was an interesting work day. My department has been running scenarios in the new hospital that is opening in November. We're trying to make sure everyone knows what to do in different situations. The scenario today was a STEMI alert (heart attak patient) in which the patient is transported from the emergency room to the cardiac catheterization lab.
As it turns out, I was volunteered to be today's patient, so I got to take a ride through the building instead of having to walk. The transport seems much shorter when you don't have to walk the whole way! Here I am in the emergency room awaiting teams to arrive right after the STEMI alert was sent out:
Here I am being pushed through the hallways in the hospital. I didn't do a very good job pretending to have a heart attack. But, the guy pushing the stretcher is having way too much fun to be pushing an actual patient anyway:
And here we are rounding the last corner before arriving at the cath lab:
I've never met the guy pushing the stretcher before, but I must say that he did a good job. I didn't run into any walls or have any whiplash incidents.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you didn't get any whiplash! Is that Rudy on the right-hand-side of the second picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun day! Did they "save" you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, that would be Rudy. He was keeping track of transport time. And yes, I was saved! And, it was an extremely non-invasive procedure that saved me.

    ReplyDelete